Friday 15 August 2008

Moby hits out at 'greedy' music rivals

Moby has claimed that musicians should stop being so implicated about fashioning money.

The singer-songwriter revealed that many artists in the charts lose touch with their creative sides because they turn too apprehensive about the most profitable ways to release music.

"A lot of my friends in the music industry have conversations about how to distribute music - and it tends to centre on how to make money," Moby told the Daily Record.

"I think the stress should be on the artistry and creativity, non focusing on the commercial side of things. Musicians should concentrate on making records and not be too concerned about how people listen.

"The point of producing medicine isn't whether audiences testament buy it or take heed to it for loose. I power be uninitiated, but I think, if you make a good record, people will desire to mind regardless of the medium it's delivered by."

Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails and The Charlatans have all experimented with justify online releases in recent months. However, not all artists ar pleased with the trend.

In July, Noel Gallagher insisted: "I didn't spend a year in the about expensive studio in England with the most expensive producer in America and the virtually expensive graphic designer in London to give it away."

Meanwhile, Paul Weller has claimed: "Anybody doing that is demeaning their have art. If I had my way, I'd charge double for my album, but the record company won't let me."



More info